2.04.2015

Feel the Presence

Let's be honest, February has never been my favorite month. I've enjoyed the quiet recovery and new beginning of January. I've thought about plans for the year, what I'd like to have more of in my life, changes I will make, and I'm ready. Then comes February. It's that awkward little in between moment, not yet spring and with little enthusiasm left for winter. We try to cheer ourselves with little pink and red hearts, but that doesn't quite do the trick either. This is the month that typically leaves me feeling antsy, chomping-at-the-bit to get out of town, take a break. I dread it.

This year there is something different about February. I'm enjoying it. I haven't quite figured out if it's my willingness to be more present and mindful of my experiences just taking them for what they are, or if this is just a really good February. It's a bit of a chicken and egg thing, right?

It is a really good February for us at Bem General and Be Well Studio. We are already seeing some of our plans and intentions for the new year flourish. We have live music coming to Bem on Tuesday the 10th and a Community Health night planned for the end of the month at Be Well Studio. Everyday we work together and fill our hearts fuller with wishes and dreams and love. Some days are harder than others, but every day we are grateful. Grateful for each other, for the moments of a good life, and love always.

Love is especially on our minds this month, how can it not be as we make valentine's boxes for school and plan treats and games and snacks for parties, see little red boxes of chocolate around every corner, balloons and flowers and glitter in every aisle.

Instead of being overwhelmed by the stuff, which I can be, let it be a reminder to love more. Shift these signs from being a reminder of all the things we have to do, to a reminder of the only real thing we have to do. Take a deep breath, breathe love and warmth into your heart center, close your eyes if you have to, and feel it there. Then breathe out, letting go of your to-do list, your should-do list, your need-to-do list, just for the moment. Feel the presence, feel the love that is there for you, know that it is always there for you, and you can access it at any time.

Love yourself, love your heart, and live with boldness.





No comments:

Post a Comment