- knife + cutting board
- cheese grater
- 1.5-2 lbs. grass-fed and finished short ribs from Moon Dance Farm
- 1 organic apple, finely chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion from Stuart Farm
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 2-3 T. balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 sweet potatoes, rough chopped
- 3 handfuls fresh spinach
- 1 carrot stick, grated
- salt and pepper to taste, a pinch of ground clove
- pat of grass-fed butter or 1 T. coconut oil
What you'll do:
Pour olive oil and balsamic vinegar into crockpot.
Add apple, onion, and garlic.
Add short ribs (I put mine in straight from the freezer).
Mush (yes, technical term) the ribs right down in the sauce, sprinkle with spices.
Add sweet potatoes and cook on medium-high (depending on your crockpot) for 10-12 hrs.
Wilt spinach and grate carrot, set aside.
Remove ribs from crockpot.
With a whisk or potato masher, mash sweet potatoes adding butter or coconut oil.
Plate spinach, sweet potato mash, ribs, and finish with grated carrots.
What mine looked like: